Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Confessions

Alright, so, I feel compelled to admit this. I don't know why. The shame of it should keep it buried much longer than this. Daddy P mocks me for it behind clothes doors... But, here goes...

I am a maternity clothes shopping addict.

Yes, it's true. Prior to actually becoming pregnant I have purchased clothes to be worn during pregnancy. It began with babydoll tops. In fashion, and yet, so perfect for a pregnant belly. Who could resist the clearance bins at Express? Then my compulsion expanded to looking at the clearance rack at Target in the maternity section. I did get the cutest blue dress for 6 bucks. And now, I am a compulsive ebay.com looker (yet to be buyer) for cute maternity pants. Yes, I know, I know. I am hardly in my 4th month. But, this whole thing only lasts for another, what, 5-6 months? I might as well enjoy it all while I can! I am using the excuse of my tightening waistband to justify such purchases. Who knew that an elastic waistband would ever sound so cozy? I have a new respect for senior fashion styles.

P.S. Did you know that Old Navy has maternity clothes on-line? Oh dear...

2 comments:

Pamelamers said...

I know all about shopping addictions. I think women are afraid that one day they will wake up, and they will have nothing stylish and cute to wear out. What? Wear that mumu to work? I couldn't. I wouldn't dare. I couldn't possibly wear my yoga pants. AAAAH! I have to have something. Something cute. Plus, I think all women (mostly me) need to have some excuse to shop. What better one than an ever expanding waistline. Really quiets the guilt when you can say, "I really need this." "I mean what would I wear otherwise." Rather than admitting that this is a completely vain, indulgent shopping adventure. At least you are shopping the sales racks at Target and EBAY rather than perusing the racks at Neiman's!

MeganKathleen said...

Ha! You are so cute. =) I hung around in the Maternity Work and Motherhood outlet shops. I basically lived in the same 3 pairs of pants and 2 dress for the back end of my pregnancy. I couldn't justify buying lots of things. Realize now what a mistake that was looking at all of the pics of me pregnant with the front hem of my tops significantly higher than the back. =) Absolutely, it is imperative to look cute whilst expanding.