Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daffodil Festival

Daddy P and I decided to venture outdoors and go to see the daffodils at the Daffodil festival down the road. The insert in the paper made this sound like a beautiful event with flowers everywhere. And there were daffodils. Look:



Pretty, right? What we didn't realize, is that "festival" is defined as: (n) a place where people gather to eat. A huge tent dominated the park, totally packed with people ordering fried oreos, sodas, "barbeque," and other assorted sugary treats. Let me show you the extent of the daffodils...



Yes, folks. I'm serious. Those daffodils merited a festival. What was astounding was the sheer number of people there. I mean, Daddy P felt claustrophobic, and I've never met someone so calm and laid back as he. So, we went, ordered a funnel cake to pretend we were back home, sat and gazed at the masses, and then went home.

It was definitely entertaining. Just not what we expected in the way of entertainment. I took some flowery pics around the apartment to compensate for the dismal variety at the festival...

No comments: