Friday, April 18, 2008

Elastic Bands, Eating Outside, and Music Festivals

First of all, elastic bands are the greatest invention ever. I just received in the mail some Old Navy maternity pants (mysterious! who ordered these???) and they fit beautifully! Whoever said you had to wait until you were pretty far along to wear maternity pants was either just plain crazy, or did not TRY to wear them until they were very far along. These things are awesome! They are cute and snug fitting all over except in the tummy. I modeled for Daddy P and he promptly decided that I will probably be wearing maternity pants during non-maternity times in my life. Who is to say... There is a reason why seniors wear pants with elastic bands, folks, and it isn't because they are senile. But, for the sake of our baby, who might want to someday eat something other than breastmilk, I can not just go crazy buying maternity pants. So, my goal for the weekend is to buy some hook and eye's to sew into my pants so that should my BellaBand fail, my clients won't be looking at my booty.

Today was simply beautiful in Connecticut! Warm, sunny, with little green pops here and there! Daddy P and I met for a late lunch at a cafe in the park and enjoyed a leisurely meal under the blue sky. It felt very indulgent. Very lovely.

But, I'm afraid I have more serious things to discuss with you, kind readers. I am not crazy. I know I will be pregnant. But we all know that the Austin City Limits Music Festival is one of the best music experiences to be had. I am realistic about my limitations in attending. I have not rushed out to buy a 3 day wristband, no matter how much I so desire such an ornament. I have told Daddy P that I am reasonable, and that one afternoon/evening of performances is most reasonable to avoid the heat of the day. But he persists in his concerns. We must not mock him, kind readers, because it is this concern that we hope to foster in his relationship with his new child for years to come. We must also preach moderation. It is normal for a father to be zealous in his concern and worry, but we must soothe and calm him so he can know that fun can indeed exist in the life of a woman 8, even 9!, months pregnant. Besides, wouldn't I look cute in a bikini top and board shorts with some dreads and a huge tummy???

Who said you shouldn't make hairstyle changes while pregnant. Pashaw.

No comments: