Monday, April 21, 2008

Signs of Spring

So, one of my favorite parts of being here in Connecticut has been experiencing the seasons. Everyone said how wonderful it was, and I kept on with my line about how "we have seasons too!"... But, wow! Perennials come up on their own here! Bulbs are popping up all over! And in one week all the flowers on the trees have popped! It's really been spectacular to watch -- way more amazing than the leaves turning red if you ask me.

We went to Elizabeth Park and wandered around with the mutt yesterday. People were out having picnics, sunbathing, grilling...! It was so fun. The rose garden was still just twigs, but the tulips were making their first appearance.



I'm so excited to go back once the roses have bloomed! Stay tuned for pictures...!

No comments: