Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Kid Is Smart

So, if you are one of those people who hates those parents who keep you updated about how many words their kid knows, or tells you all the cool tricks their kid does, well, then you probably hate me. But if you don't hate me and you hate those parents, skip this blog post.

Kate is really freaking smart.

We're sitting at the table having a snack and Kate sees a gnat. This is really her first gnat/flying insect spying and she's intrigued. She's watching it and pointing. We have not taught her the sign for gnat though (if we had then you'd really think we were nuts) so when this little gnat flies out of sight she signs "Where" and "plane" choosing the only sign she knows that involves a flying object.

Good association skills that girl. Creative and smart. I think I'll be well taken care of as an elderly adult. I can sleep easy tonight.

No comments: