Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The exploitation of the stay at home Daddy.

In the wonderful realm of toddlerdom, my daughter uses all her will to decide when, where and how her diaper is changed. So yesterday when I saw the pooping signs I knew I was in for it. The previous two BM diaper changes had resulted in a lot of kicking, screaming, writhing, and consequently, poop all over the changing pad, her clothes, her stomach and feet, my clothes, and the new clean diaper. It used to be that giving her the option of where to lie down was enough to solve the struggle. No longer. "If" she lies down is all that matters now. And with a sensitive body she gets diaper rash easier than you can imagine. As a result fast diaper changes are crucial to everyone's happiness and wellbeing.

So what did I do? Did I brave the crazy independence of the toddler and risk poop flying?

Hell no.

I took advantage of the wonders of stay-at-home-daddy-dom.

Ring ring.

"Uh, so, Kate has a poopy diaper."

"(Pause). Do you want me to come change it?"

"Puhleeeeze?"

"Okay, give me five minutes."

Daddy P comes in the door. Kate rejoices. Smiles, cooes, and babbling ensue as Daddy P is able to change her diaper as she lies there calmly smiling up at him.

No comments: