Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby Toddler Update

Baby:  have an appointment with a lactation consultant on Tuesday.  Hopefully that will help us to figure out this whole screaming thing.

Toddler:  bought Jane Nelson's toddler book.  I have her general "Positive Discipline" book and love it but we felt we needed more specific toddler aged help... spurred by her behavior today including hitting me, throwing Daddy P's phone, and knocking over a table.

Two days of pain, screaming, and tantruming.  I am hoping tomorrow goes better.  My goal for this week is to take a nap a day.  Last week I didn't get any naps in at all due to Daddy P spending time working, and then generally fussiness of baby, and it's really showing.  I'm totally beat.

Hm, what else...

Oh, baby is now in his own crib.  Last night was the first night.  We bought another camera so now we have a motion camera in each bedroom and the monitor switches between them every 8 seconds.  Love it.  Can see if the toddler is still in bed and if the baby is breathing.  :)

Ah and my toddler news includes Kate running away in the parking lot today and opening the front door and bolting.  Yes, I am officially scared.  Just is so hard watching her struggle so much with this adjustment.  I know it will all work itself out but for now it's taking its toll on everyone... at least she loves her brother (although Daddy P and I are in the doghouse).  She still wants to rock him, bathe him, and tonight asked to cuddle with him in bed before going to sleep, so she's not holding him responsible for her lack of attention which makes me really happy and relieved.  I would, however, appreciate it if she held Daddy P more responsible so that I am not the only one getting hit and kicked...

No comments: