Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why Mommy Dearest Was So Cold

You wake up to a crying baby. You bring said baby back to the bed with a book and snuggle up to read as you wake up to the overly bright day. Baby keeps asking "where's daddy?" You keep saying "in the shower." Well, when this dad finally gets out of the shower baby wants only Daddy. This would be tolerable except baby is now shoving and kicking mommy out of bed to make room for daddy. Baby resumes crying because she wants Daddy in bed reading AND mommy out of bed. When this doesn't happen the crying turns to more sad weepy whining and reaching desperately for daddy.

Variations of this continued all morning until Daddy P finally left for work. Although I am not Mommy Dearest this morning, I've had to puff myself up a bit to get through the crying until my coffee sinks in.

And yes, after 18 months of holding out, I am now totally coffee dependent thanks to all the early early mornings spent studying.

No comments: