Thursday, December 31, 2009

In Search of Guest Blogger

Well dear friends, my time to blog about dear Kate is over for a while. (And I am insulted by those who assume that such a message is proof of incarceration.) I have been specifically forbidden to come near my little angel by our pediatrician due to the long list of symptoms I have that closely resemble the list for swine flu.

I am currently holed up in the bedroom, thankful we have an attached bathroom, and feeling regretful that our color choice for the walls is so...minty... I believe I have turned a corner though, as this dose of excellent writing and keen wit is proof of, and shall indeed mend. (This morning, I personally felt that was in doubt, but my dear husband, in response to my yell through the door of "I think I'm dying" told me that "Those who are dying are not prone to hyperbole." I tried to untangle that answer but alas, my brain could not solve the riddle, and I was left to fear that I was, indeed, dying.)

In this time of need, I call upon those who see my daughter to take pictures, write stories, and generally document her adorable little life so that her mother, bless her, can peek at her again. This small wish is all that is left in my poor heart.

Now that I have spent what little reserve of energy I have left, I return to sleep, my doting companion with whom I must have a wrestling pillowfight in my jammies to keep beside me.

Be well, my friends. And Happy New Year to you.

No comments: