Monday, December 14, 2009

I kid you not

Kate loves goat cheese!

(did you get the pun? you didn't did you. admit it. i'll only snicker behind your back and not to your face.)

I accidentally bought lemon goat cheese at the store. Goat cheese and crackers are my evening post-dinner treat every now and again, but I only splurge on it when I can find it on sale. Well, apparently the reason for the sale was the lemon flavor which was pungent. So, what does a mom do with food that she doesn't really want to eat, and hasn't been able to hide in a recipe to feed her husband? Give it to the baby.

Smothered it on some water crackers and we had a little picnic in the kitchen. She loved it! I couldn't tell if she was enchanted by the fact I let her eat on the floor or if it was the crackers and cheese. She gobbled them up one after another though and occasionally fed me a bite.

We had a lovely day the two of us. We started by hanging out with some new friends at a coffeeshop nearby, followed by a playdate at their house. Kate took to the little boy very quickly and followed him around mimicking whatever he did. She also tried to steal his little snack cup, and his kind mama, R, graciously gave Kate her own. We came home and had a nice little lunch the two of us, followed by some independent play on Kate's part while I laundered. (I was thinking today that I need to string up my laundry-line in the new house. Maybe on the screened in porch...) Then a nap. A LONG nap. I took advantage of the nap with a variety of chores including making dinner. She woke around 3:30pm, ready for another snack and some play.

I lugged out her travel tent to start getting her used to the idea of being in it. The last time she was was probably back in June, so she doesn't much remember it. And she hasn't been in it since she could walk so the whole thing will be interesting. I spent at least a half hour actually curled up inside of it, with her crawling in and out with various toys and animals. Then we made some oatmeal crackers and popped dinner in the oven and waited for Daddy P to get off work.

It was such a relaxing and sweetly slow day! Such a blessing!

No comments: