Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Practicing the domestic arts

Recently I've become simply enchanted by this whole cupcake fad that's taking over everywhere. So I tried my hand at some simply delicious Strawberry Chocolate cupcakes. Strawberry ganache-filled, buttercream topped, chocolate goodness. My sugar crazed husband loved them, and they seemed to be a hit all around. I had been looking for bite-sized desserts. So often in the evening I am craving something sweet, but don't necessarily want a large portion.



A cupcake is my current answer. The mini-cupcake backfires on me because I rationalize that I can have a couple since they are mini, and then I would guess I end up eating more than would make up a normal cupcake! There was actually a study reported on in the NY times that people who eat those 100 calorie packs or snacks or the snack size chip bags actually consume MORE of the snack than if they were given a large bag. Crazy, huh?

No comments: