Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And now, a break from baby stuff

I hate chicken. Not the eggs, or the animal, just eating the animal. I eat chicken a fair amount, but not because I like it. I usually do some small amount of pouting when I eat it. I figure it's better for me than my true love, red meat, but who really knows anymore. Anyway, the point is that I am being won over because I found the most delicious chicken recipe ever. I have to share. It's an adaptation of Elise's Rosemary Chicken Kabobs. (Adaptation, not because hers sucks, but because I cannot follow a recipe without changing it. Call it creative license, poor reading ability, attention deficit, whatever, it's real.)

My version went something like this...

Ingredients:

* 4 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes

Marinade for an hour in the fridge in:
* 2 tbsp chopped, fresh rosemary
* 4 tbsp lemon juice
* 1/4 c water
* 2 tbsp olive oil

Put on skewers, and grill. While you're grilling, make this yummy sauce:

* 1 qt frozen strawberries w. sugar added
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 c balsalmic vinegar
* 2 tbsp strawberry preserves

Simmer the strawberries until mushy and strain out the pulp. Add the spices, vinegar and preserves and simmer until thickened. Drizzle over the cooked chicken kabobs.

We did separate veggie kabobs but in my opinion the veggies off the grill are so yummy they don't need sauce. This recipe will seriously make you eat chicken whether you like it or not.

No comments: