Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sweet Potato Explosion

In a continuation of homemade babyfood... I was making sweet potato fries for Daddy P and I and with the oven fired up I threw in a few potatoes for Baby Kate. Wow oh wow did Baby Kate end up with a lot of food.

I bought sweet potatoes at the store to compare price and quantity...

3.5 oz of store-bought for $1.00
30 oz of homemade (about 3 potatoes) for $2.50

Okay, so that's a no-brainer. Sweet potatoes are definitely worth the money. The downside is that compared to the peas they were a little more work (mostly because of the quantity). But, I froze most of it (see my pretty cube containers below?) and only saved a bit in the fridge for this week.



My food mill is getting quite the work-out... We had some grapes that were getting wrinkly and old so I boiled them and threw them in! Now Baby Kate has grape cubes in the freezer to try!

Kate is getting to be quite the scooter. I've been trying to get a video of it but haven't managed yet. She's moved beyond the tummy-pivot and now can scootch a little ways if there's something she wants to get. She looks kinda like her legs are numbed: she hoists herself up on her arms and drags her body behind. It's funny to watch and pretty effective for now. You can see the desire in her eyes for more, though... Looks like I'll be babyproofing soon!

Here's a shot of her pivoting from last week:





No comments: