Thursday, January 6, 2011

10 years ago today

Ten years ago today, Daddy P decided he'd date me.  After years of following him around, bad-mouthing his girlfriend, and batting my eyelashes, on January 6th oh so long ago he invited me out to dinner at Pasta House and sealed our dating relationship with an action movie.  (Any lack of creativity for date #1 was made up when date #2 was spent on a spontaneous trip to Paris.)

It's hard to believe that ten years has passed!  Our relationship has inevitably changed (a lot fewer spontaneous massages that last an hour, and a lot more of the "it's your turn to get up with her").  While I knew I was in love with the man about a week after we started dating, I didn't understand how that love would evolve and how truly lucky I was.  As the bubbly butterflies of a relationship wear off years down the road you are left with an amazing, frightening, and reassuring love that I never could have possibly guessed was possible.

No comments: