Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

A quick update before I leave town and get too distracted to give you silly people little notes... :)

Kate has begun to be picky about her friends. She keeps a close eye out for mom and dad these days, and tracks us closely in the room. She doesn't automatically love people anymore, and seems to discriminate against males especially. You can see that when she didn't see Grandpa R for a week, she gave him the cold shoulder...



This treatment was a little bit of a shock for her uncle chickens who was looking forward to playing with the little sweetie he saw last time. He learned the hard way that you should never point out a woman's baby fat.



Two days ago she learned to roll from tummy to back! Woo hoo! She hasn't done it since I've seen her, but it has been reported to me by solid sources.

As soon as you put her down on her back now she immediately rolls to her tummy and starts reaching for things. Even sick and uncomfortable, she'd rather be holding her head up looking around. Her little legs are a-kicking, too, but she hasn't yet managed to lift her belly off the ground, so our house is safe a little longer...

Tomorrow I part from my baby for the first time (two nights!) and I will admit I am a bit sad already. I'm hoping to make the best of it and enjoy a few days without diapering, breast-feeding, and rocking...

No comments: