Thursday, March 12, 2009

How much to pay for your daughter's life?

I mean, seriously, that's what I feel like I am deciding right now, looking at carseats. From what I can see, the Britax Marathon is the best carseat in terms of safety, partly because you can leave your child rear-facing in it for the longest. Poor Kate, she's not going to get to face forward until she can ramble on in full sentences... But gosh darnit they're expensive! $280? Wow. But, it is suppossed to last until she's about 5 y.o. which I guess is worth it. I mean, of course it is, but geez!

The main problem is that we are not a SUV family, and these carseats are all built for SUVs. I feel as though we are being punished. As it was the Graco Snugride ALMOST doesn't fit in the Vibe. I am very doubtful that these mohemiths will... so it looks like I will be buying several seats at Babies R Us to find one that I can fit in our car...

This whole thing was prompted by the fact that I discovered today that Kate's seat is sitting crooked in the car. As much as I have reviewed the installation instructions of both car and seat, I can't find anything I'm doing wrong. (Although, apparently I am harnessing her in wrong, because the top of the harness is supposed to come out of the seat below her shoulders.) Better late than never, right?

Yeah. Thank the postman for this. A mother's paranoia is a baby's friend.

No comments: