Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

I thought we could use a little something different for our page now that we're growing up. And this was all I could muster in 10 minutes, so it's what you get.

I have a bone to pick with these sleep books they write. My advice for any of you reading this who are planning on one day having children. DON'T READ A SLEEP BOOK. They make you crazy. They do. First of all, they make you think that naps are crucial to the happiness of the family. For some reason, this mantra has totally seeped into my brain and ruined my mind. Kate, on the other hand, doesn't always believe this mantra.



"Did you say... 'nap'??"

This week, I have been working on getting her to a regular afternoon nap time so that I have a dependable block of time I can work during. It worked great on Monday... on Tuesday... on Wednesday... and today, because she took a 15 minute nap on Grandma, she decided the afternoon nap was out. Well, if she'd just TOLD me that this was the case I wouldn't have spent two excruciating hours trying to make her take her nap. We were both grumpy and exhausted by the end. And, when my family gets grumpy and exhausted (but won't nap) I do what I always do and find something fun to perk us up. (Of course, it would have been wise to do this after the first half hour, but I am stubborn, and obviously did not learn my lesson from earlier this week: Kate will always win.) So we played for forty-five minutes, until her next meal time. Then she promptly fell asleep mid-meal and no amount of rousing to finish would work.

No comments: