Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hooray for opposable thumbs

This morning I went to the doctor and was greeted with good news. It seems my wrist has shown some significant healing, at least enough to free me from the cast I've spent the last 8 weeks in! I am now sporting a much lighter and much less restrictive removable splint. The best part about the splint is that I am able to bend my thumb a little, and can actually use it to hold things somewhat. With that, I have officially rejoined the ranks of the multi-thumbed! Look for Mamacita to receive considerably more pampering now that I am able to cook and do dishes once again.

The visit wasn't a complete success, however. My wrist is not totally healed, and I am not cleared for lifting or athletic activity. My left hand is probably half as big as my right due to the muscle atrophy. I am also having trouble bending my digits in the direction that they traditionally go. So, fear not, grandma and grandpa R. You will still be needed to pack our stuff for our move to Austin :)

No comments: