Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Empty Nest

This probably isn't what they mean by nesting: an air mattress, two pillows, and a dog bed. But that's what we've got for the time being. Our car and our belongings are on their way to Texas. We have a fridge full of food and a dirty apartment to deal with. Thanks to my folks, though, and their stellar packing job (the movers actually *complimented* us on the packing job) all 4150 lbs. of our belongings are on their way to the Lone Star State.

For me, this has been a melancholy week. Goodbyes around every corner. Clients are hard enough, but the goodbyes with co-workers and friends have begun and are managing to keep me off kelter. Daddy P is in a totally different mental/emotional place, and is just 100% excited to get the hell outta this state. Three more work days and my goodbyes will be over, and I will be able to focus whole heartedly on the fun of returning to my long lost friends.

No comments: