Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Beach

We went to the beach last weekend and it was gorgeous. Cool enough that you could lie in the sun and not sweat. Which was a very good thing, I might add, since the water was arctic. Daddy P dared to go in a bit, but we all watched and deemed him nuts. I discovered that lying at the beach is much trickier when you are pregnant since you can't lie on your back or your stomach. And now that the tummy is getting bigger lying on my side without support is getting less fun. So, the boys took care of me and rented me a chair to sit on for the day. Here is a scary picture for you, and possible foreshadowing. We all four sat there (four expectant parents) watching the families pack and unpack as they came and went, and marveling in all the supplies needed to take a child to the beach. Particularly impressive were the large tents that were popped open to protect the little ones from the sun.

No comments: