Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommy's Day

So, Daddy P insisted we celebrate Mother's Day since Cletus couldn't do it on his/her own yet. He made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (yum!), and had a whole day planned for us. I messed up the plan by getting the worst neckache ever which has prevented me from moving around or turning my head. I have spent some time today however moaning woefully, lying on the floor, and whining. Since I wasn't exactly in any condition to be fun, we settled on getting frozen custard and going to a movie.

Here is the segue into a movie review...

Ironman is the most over-rated, uninteresting action movie I have ever seen (ok, recently). I attribute the stellar ratings to a total lack of movies for the past year, so everyone was just plum excited to see something on screen. Daddy P described it best when he said as we exited, "It was as if it was written by a 13 year old boy." This refers to both the total lack of interesting and thoughtful scripting, as well as the extreme womanizing. I am a woman who likes a good action flick. I can even suffer through the need to make men look strong by having them save and/or have sex with the women in the movie. So, although the use of women in the movie had me raise an eyebrow, I was still open. But really? Could there have been ONE interesting plot aspect? I'm just asking for one. Really...

Movie review over...

So, although I smell like Icy Hot and blew $7.50 on a crappy movie, I am still enjoying my mommy's day. First of all, I'm going to be a mommy. Having the world's best baby visit us for over a week only made me even more excited to be pregnant. I don't know how in the world I'm going to manage to wait until October for this little thing to finish gestating... But I am totally convinced that Daddy P's BFF and his amazing wife have all the secrets to baby rearing and they are officially on notice that they are in my speed dial.

No comments: