Wednesday, May 28, 2008

the baby's butt

So, since I can't BUY baby stuff, I just obsessively research. Paul and I have had long and hard talks about diapers. Because really, the words "long" and "hard" should relate to diapers, right? So, as far as I can tell, from everything I've read, cloth vs. disposable diapers are a wash. You live in a place with little water, cloth suck. If you use a service, add carbon emissions and chemicals to the list of bad stuff. If you wash yourself, then your water consumption is out the wazoo. On the other hand, disposable fill up our landfills and do not degrade. Bad vs. bad.

But, we have found the solution! We are super excited about gDiapers, which are compostable, biodegradable diapers. In other words, you can flush them. How cool is that? They go where all the other poop goes. What would work better? So, the catch is the price. But it's the earth, right? We'll see. We're still working on our baby budget. Will let you know if these make the cut. Also on the list is the ridiculously expense and totally absurd high chair that I adore but that is totally silly. If you're nice, maybe I'll tell you about it sometime...

No comments: