Saturday, March 22, 2008

bah humbug

Day 1 of week 10. Yay! The baby is an inch long, so says my book (thanks, Carolyn!). With eyelids, fingers, toes, and gonads in the works!

Add a cold to a pregnant woman and you get even more finickiness and complaining than before (which, in my case, is quite an accomplishment). So, if you talk to Daddy P or see him, give him lots of props for being the most amazing husband in the world. Because, he is, and to remain so even with a pregnant and sick wife it is all the more impressive. I came home on Thursday to an immaculate home with yellow tulips on the counter. And that was before he even knew I was sick! I feel so tired, and self-involved in my own nausea that I am constantly amazed by this man who goes above and beyond for me, even in my crabbiest and crankiest of states.

What I was hoping to be a weekend of finally being out in the sun (the cold sun, albeit, but sun) has turned into a weekend of huddling on the couch over a humidifier with my bottle of Tylenol firmly in my grasp. This experience (sans cold medicine) has made me realize how much I love Nyquil and Sudafed. I miss you, drugs! And you, too, Aleve! Daddy P made chocolate chip cookies for me (chicken noodle soup sounds positively disgusting right now) and they seem to be a decent cold comfort (maybe not remedy though). More later when I am less grouchy. Well, that could be a while. More later when my cold is gone...

1 comment:

cece said...

YOu guys are great to keep us informed
love you Cece