Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We are having a baby.

I had a moment of this today.  The receptionist was scheduling all of my appointments after my session this morning and I realized this kid is three months away.  Or less if he's anything like Kate.  I've been telling everyone "Oh, due in June, got a LONG ways to go" which was true two months ago but is getting progressively less true.

Anyway, it prompted me to contact the doula to set up some appointments and figure out how this labor thing works.

All is good.  Had an ultrasound this morning and my placenta (which had started out completely covering my cervix) is now out of the way and VBAC friendly!  Yay!  Baby is head down and I have been instructed to not do anything remotely resembling going upside down so he stays that way (since Kate was breech).  No more of my fav yoga moves... Very sad... Not sure how I'm going to cope with that...

I was also told I need to get my butt in gear and work out.  Less from a weight perspective and more from a "if you really want a VBAC you better get yourself in shape" perspective.  So, I re-ordered our netflix subscription and plan on getting up early to do some streaming workout videos before Kate wakes up.  I'll let you know if that really happens...

In the meantime, we have a kid with pink eye.  She was up last night because her eyes were caked shut, and she's been a mess today.  We've been watching a lot of Blue's clues because I have two reports I have to finish today or else I'm really in the crapper, so thank goodness for a little help from the TV.  Plus she's cranky as all get out, and I'm really tired of reading "Cat in the Hat."...

Congrats to my sister and brother-in-law who have a new baby boy today!

No comments: