Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Toddler Brain

I forget sometime I'm dealing with a person.

I started my prep work yesterday for Kate.  We leave Saturday to fly to Cali and are taking two separate planes (long story) and Paul is taking Kate.  Knowing my daughter, I know she needs a heads-up if the routine is drastically changing.

Well, she sure latched on to the warning, but being a toddler disregarded all time markers like "Saturday."  So, she got out her suitcase last night and started packing.  She packed up what she thought she needed (sunglasses, a stuffed dog, a book) and proclaimed she was leaving for the plane.  When we told her we weren't going on the plane yet and she'd be sleeping at home, she promptly stayed "Kate sleep Nana Papa's house."  Apparently the overnight the other weekend went exceedingly well and now she is ready to leave home.

This morning she stayed on her one track, proclaiming early, "see GG (her great grandma), see Nori (my sister's dog)."  And so we learn of a child's true priorities.

No comments: