Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update from school; And going Private!

My decision has to keep the blog, but make it private.  Your options:
1) Get a gmail account and log-in.  I will send you an invitation to the blog in a few days that will guide you through this process.
2) Send me a note asking to receive blog updates via email.

And now an update... got a note from the director of Kate's school tonight.  This woman is seriously the biggest gift to any parent.  I want to buy her a new car.  Or maybe a box of tea.  You get the idea.

Here is what she had to say:
You know, yesterday when were all in the Fellowship Hall, I had a chance to observe Kate and her teachers a little bit, and I thought that you might be curious as to how things pan out after you say goodbye.
 
It was interesting because you dropped Kate off, and Mara and Meghan both went over to say hi.  Meghan chatted a bit with Kate and offered her different areas to go play in. At one point she tried to guide Kate to an area, but Kate stood her ground.  She was not into moving. She just stood quietly. Meghan said something along the lines of, "Okay, just let me know if something looks like fun" and walked over to another area.  Kate stood and watched for about 5 minutes. She didn't look upset.  She was just observing.  She even ended up turning a 360 degree turn to check everything out.  Then, Mara sat down and announced that she was going to have a tea party.  And Kate just headed straight over with about 5 other friends.  She sat down, picked up a pot and cup and poured some tea.  After that, I did not observe Kate sitting quietly and taking things in again.  She was always moving around.  It really was just those first few minutes.
 
Kate definitely is still taking everything in.  When I see her through out the day, she is very engaged and happy (and she was crazy excited about music today and kept trying to leave snack early so she could go ahead and go!), so it was interesting to me to see her enter for the day, as it has been a while since I have seen that.  She was definitely a little tentative, but once she had observed the whole scene, she was ready to go.
 

No comments: