Monday, July 26, 2010

Momma Day

I was off today, so I decided today would be my unofficial birthday since my real birthday is going to be filled with work and errands. So, we started our day at the park. When it got to hot we stopped for a snack. Yum.

Next up was nap, and then... IKEA! Kate spent about 20 minutes at the demo kitchen. I kid you not.

Then she noticed stuffed dogs. Lots of them. She pet and kissed each one until this one was destined to go "home." I kept trying to distract her from it with other less cute toys but she was determined. I heard a lot of "woof. home." talk until I caved.

Then another snack break. I'm skeptical there is really any cheese in their Mac N Cheese but damn she loves it.


And finally... home... with new toys in tow. My grandma gave me some birthday money, so I spent it on some fun toys: a doggie, a train set, an easel and a small purse. I never get to splurge on Kate since money's a little tight right now, so it was truly a treat. We had a blast.

Unfortunately, the blast ended around dinner time. Kate is having a hard time with Daddy P out of town (he's been working 60 hour weeks before he left so was mostly gone then, too), and Miss K was up until 10pm tonight with me rocking, reading, singing and finally just letting her fall asleep on me. She is now slumbering in my bed and I am soon to follow. We will see how that turns out. All other times we've tried this she wakes up and freaks out in the middle of the night because she doesn't know where she is.


Here she is with her new train. She loved taking the track apart and putting it together in new weird ways. She hasn't figured out the whole polarity thing on the cars yet, but hey... she isn't even two yet!

No comments: