Saturday, January 14, 2012

Calling Daddy

Having Daddy P away was rough, but survivable.  We'll just overlook the fact I had a nanny Tuesday, Thursday and babysitter all afternoon/evening on Wednesday.  All you need to know is that kid #2 had an ear infection, and got two teeth, and kid #1 had night terrors and sleep walked.  Oh and piss-over-yourself level tantrums.  (Her, not me, but close.)

Yet, the kids still love me.  Some fear, but mostly love.  House still standing.

Or RIGHT, did I mention a house blew up four streets away as Kate and I climbed into the car.  We drove by the fully-engulfed house on the way to her school just as fire crews pulled up.  (the collective neighborhood lesson learned:  if you smell gas, and the gas company doesn't come out to fix it, move the freak out of there.)

So, eventful week.

Kate really really really missed her dad.  We are all quite happy now.

No comments: