Friday, November 7, 2008

Fashion Sidebar

Time to talk fashion for a minute.

Not that either Kate or I really have any sense of it. Daddy P seems to be better at coordinating Kate's outfits than I but regardless...

I bought Kate some baby leggings for the upcoming cooler months. Since she has mostly onesies and dresses, I thought some leg protection was in order. They look a little silly (like she should know Jane Fonda personally) but they are sooo nice since there is no fumbling with buttons or snaps to get at the diaper. I'm a big fan. Plus they come in all sorts of cool patterns. Daddy P picked out a pirate print for a present for Kate's friend Samantha.



Meanwhile, Mamacita is having more trouble in the fashion realm. I am in that painful in-between phase of clothing. Nothing really fits right. So, I have pulled out my trusty BellaBands again. Not only are they helping with the whole keeping-my-pants-up problem, but I am finding they are great for nursing with a crowd since they cover the tummy if I have to hitch up my shirt to take care of business. Too graphic? Yeah, I thought so... oh well... never been one for censorship! I'm quite happy I have two more months to try to regain some of my figure (16 lbs to go! Halfway there!) and will have a shot at fitting into work clothes. My current uniform wouldn't quite work for seeing clients I'm afraid...

Kate's going through about 5-6 outfits a day (depending on how good we are at keeping her in dry clothes) due to her spit-up problem. Doc says it isn't really a problem unless she's in pain (not at all) or she's losing weight (NOT at ALL). I believe his words were: "Wear cotton and don't get the floors cleaned for a year." Thanks, Doc...

No comments: