Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleeeepppyyyy...

It's been a rough few days. At least, for Mamacita it has. Kate and I are currently working on re-figuring out feeding and burping. After two sleepless nights, my current hypothesis is that Kate's little tummy cannot handle the motion of being burped. I'm currently trying just holding her upright for twenty minutes after she eats and that seems to be doing the trick. Since this lenghens the feeding process some, as a result I've been watching just a ton of crap on hulu.com while going through the whole process. This is by far the best time to get a hold of me. During the day I tend to be napping and too sleep deprived to manage a conversation...

Kate's now sleeping in her crib and Daddy P moved one of our chairs upstairs until the rocker comes. We've done this in the hopes that at least one of Kate's parents will be well rested and functioning reasonably well. So far it's working pretty well and Daddy P is getting better sleep. I'm struggling with this napping idea. I'm a terrible napper, and I feel as though napping all day just sucks the day away. Of course, being exhausted is somewhat persuasive, so I am slowly giving in. The result though is that I wasn't up and dressed until 5pm today, which makes the day seem rather short! Of course, when you're up all night I guess it evens out.

Kate, however, is faring very well. She's slowly changing color, and is spending more time looking around and exploring her world instead of sleeping.



We tried going to church on Sunday which was a struggle. Daddy P made it through the service, but Kate decided it was time to eat not long after the service started, so that was fun. Seeing as we got up early to make it to church I then came home and fell asleep not long into the Texans game. Luckily I had it taped so that I could see the Texans long sought after win! Saturday we had much better luck and managed to go to dinner at friends' house with no problem at all.

We're slowly figuring this whole baby thing out. She'll probably be a teenager when we finally do, but little by little we're getting there.

No comments: