Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Greeeeat

Thinking getting outside and me burning off some stress would make the morning go better was waaay off point.

You can see that the bike ride culminated in screaming in the street.

Sigh ...

On a high note, my sister is saving me.  She is flying us to Salt Lake where Kate will stay with my parents and I will have plenty of help and time to get away.  A few tantrum-less days, and some sleep, will go a long way.

Two more weeks until daycare starts up!

In the meantime ... Our nanny saga continues.  In a terrible support of the label "narcisistic generation" our new nanny quit.  We hired her and her first day was Monday.  She showed up in tears.  She was a mess.  She said she was still disappointed to be nannying and not teaching (she just graduated).  Of course, she only applied to schools in Austin.  Why anyone would hire a new teacher with zippo experience to teach high school history is a mystery to me, but apparently she hasn't heard about the economy.

Anyway, she claimed she was overwhelmed to find out the kids had food allergies and didn't know if she could handle the worry about that.  Her other excuse was that we weren't paying her enough.  Well, she knew the pay for two freaking months.  Come on.  what parents raise someone with that work ethic? 

Quit that day.  Wouldn't come back in even to help for a day.  Paul had to cancel the first day of class so I could see my clients.

This trip to slc is partially because I won't be working anyway.   No nanny means no income in the world of the self-employed....

I said a lot of expletives that day.


No comments: