Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slowest top teeth ever

These teeth, combined with separation anxiety, are making my life less fun than usual. Jacob had become the worlds worst sleeper.  He also won't let me be more than five feet from him.  I don't remember this with Kate. She was cautious of strangers and wouldn't let others tuck her in for sleep, but Jacob isn't happy unless he is toucgig me.

I am not that patient.

We are listening lots of crying.

We tried to get back on track and let him cry it out. He finally fell asleep. However. After that he associated his "lovey" not with sleep but with trauma. Everytime he touched it or came near it he cried. His male now are totally fraked, whereas I used to at least be able to rely on them.

So, out goes that technique. Don't have the stomach for it. And, I always say, do whatever you can be consistent in doing. So I am retreating to the only thing  know to do. Is it slow? Yes. Very. Will he cry? Yes, unfortunately. But, it worked for Kate and hopefully will work for him.

It's simple. Basically I stay near him ad he falls asleep but do little. That way be knows I'm there, isn't freaked out by the separation, but still sleeps on his own. I lose a lot of sleep in this method, but I'm losing sleep anyway...so...

We will see!


No comments: