Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Women with 3 kids are nuts (sorry my mother-in-law)

I had a lovely 1st pregnancy.  I was glowey and happy and my stamina was good.  I went to an all-day music festival in 95+ degrees a week before Kate was born!  I was walking and had good energy.

Baby #2:
Every time I go to the doctor they remind me it just gets harder and harder with each pregnancy.  "Your muscles are already stretched out" and "You'll have more aches and pains this time" and "It's normal to have really intense Braxton-Hicks contractions the second time around."

So pregnancy #1 tricks you into doing it again.  And what exactly convinces women to have more than two??  I have not a freaking clue.  So yes, after this baby things will be tied off, sealed, boarded up and closed down to finalize that my body is off limits for procreation.

But I'm doing well, how are you?

Daddy P diplomatically told me last night, "You are just very communicative about how you're doing this time."  AKA, All my wife does is bitch about discomfort.

I do, I own it.  I'm okay with it.  He only has to deal with it for 1 (to 1 1/2) more months so he can survive.  Then we'll both be too sleep deprived to listen to one another or remember we're married, so it'll all work out.

(Wow, maybe I do need to work on my attitude.)

Yesterday I had coffee and was really happy.  It was awesome.  And I used a coupon!!  Even more awesome!

But back to blogging...

So the baby room is finished and actually looks cute!  Okay, not finished, but close.  We have to move and secure a bookshelf and then figure out where to put all the baby clothes, but pretty much finished.  It's cute and bright and cheery.

Baby brother is still head-down (one week and counting), but kicks with insane fury.  By evening I'm sore in the spot he kicks, and by 3am I just give up on sleeping.  He's a healthy and strong little bugger.  Daddy P is convinced he will break out early and set the over/under at June 9th.  I'm taking the over.  I think I have a really good chance at winning this one.

I'm slowing down at work.  Kinda.  I have six clients right now (two that I see every other week) and that feels like a good place to be.  The hardest part is that most days I don't "start" work until 4pm, and by 3pm I am pretty ready for the day to wind down rather than up.  But it feels manageable and makes child care affordable, so it's working out.

Kate continues to talk about the baby all the time.  She reminds us constantly that she will hold him and rock him, and rock him to sleep and then put him in the crib, and feed him with a bottle, and stop him from crying.  It's really cute.  She has a couple books about new babies that she likes to read.  Last week I decided it was time to let her know what would happen if baby  brother did come.  Now we hear "Baby brother is coming today and you're going to the hospital and I'm going to Nana and Papa's!!!"  We have to remind her that we just have to wait and see when he comes, which she doesn't much like.  Yesterday she tells me, "You and Daddy are going to the hospital and they will get baby brother out and you'll sleep there for TWO DAYS and nana and papa will take me and I'll see baby brother."  So, at least she's getting it.  She's too cute about it.

Alright.  That was a sufficiently random and tangential post to make up for mostly picture posts from my phone.

No comments: