Friday, April 8, 2011

Awesome Kate-isms from the week

Paul picked Kate up from school on Tuesday to take her to a local restaurant/playground to have dinner with all the families in the class.  I had work, so I was meeting them there. On the way, he made a wrong turn and commented on it to Kate.  In addition, they were stuck in rush hour traffic so things were generally going slowly.  Kate comments from the backseat:  "Mommy does this better."  "What better?" asks Paul.  "The car," she says.  Thank goodness we got a girl with brains.

Today on the way home Kate starts crying.  "What happened?" I ask.  "Horsey hurt me," she says.  "Stop horsey, stop it, I don't like that."  When we get to a stoplight I turn around and horsey is telling Kate "I'm sorry" (she tells me) and is kissing her boo boo and giving her a hug.

Paul was working in the house today since it's so hot out and we already had the AC running in the house.  We came home before he got off and Kate sees him sitting and working with the Cardinal's game on the radio and the play-by-play graphics on the internet next to him.  "Can I sit with you and watch baseball?" Kate asks.  I really expected Paul to melt into the seat he was so completely happy.

Kate lifts up her shirt this morning.  "I have a baby in my tummy.  Look, my tummy is SO BIG." (Do I really say that?)  "You do?" I ask.  "Yes," she answers, "But he is too little to come out yet.  He's this big." She holds up her finger and thumb.  "He's going to come out my bottom."  (This is a big improvement over last week when she told me her baby brother was coming out of my throat.  We are working hard to differentiate tummy-stomach-uterus.)  "Ah, I see," I say, "What's your baby's name?"  "Baby Reed," she answers matter-of-factly (my sister's 3 week old's name).  In fact, yesterday she suggested we name our baby Baby Reed and I tried to explain we needed a different name.  Apparently she's very taken with the name...

I'm flipping through a magazine this evening after pushing it a little too hard at the park in 90+ degree weather.  Kate comes and plops down next to me wanting to see.  We get to a picture on a drug-ad for anxiety and Kate says, "She looks worried."  I had a hard time not laughing.  Definitely a therapist's daughter (poor kid).

No comments: