Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kate's "Chores"

Yes yes, my obsession about order is translating down into my daughter. It does not yet seem to be making her neurotic, but at this point merely helpful. Although, she is only 16 months. Hopefully her tidy ways will not turn into something that will prevent her from cohabiting in the future. I can see the look in Daddy P's eyes though that reads something like "what have you done"... I think I first saw that look when Kate spilled some food on the table and started going "EH EH EH EH" until we gave her a towel to wipe it up... yes, yes, I know... but anyway...

Things Kate does now that she won't do at age 15:
  • poop in a diaper (please.)
  • pick up trash on the floor and put it in the trash can without prompting
  • clean up spills with a rag
  • put her plate in the dishwasher
  • put her toys away when she's done with them (with reminders of course)

No comments: