Friday, September 5, 2014

Two weeks down

Highs and lows, but overall we have all survived. Happy for a weekend of chilaxing. Bedtime still is 6:30 or earlier. Kinda crazy. But it seems to be working. Some meltdowns. Complaints about having to sit for so long, having only two fifteen minute recess times, about having to "say that prayer with that flag" in the morning... But overall she loves her teacher, and is getting lots of good attention from her old teachers who have showered her with love and left her notes in Jacob's box. Feel so lucky for that little daycare. Might have to have a third just to stay there. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown on our last day. This is the place I go and sit around and talk in the morning when I need community... Sigh...

Kate has a "new best friend" at her school but I haven't managed to meet her mom yet. I'm in this weird world of parents who can pick up their kids at 2:45. We hang out, the kids play. I'm hoping it is a way to get connected.

Jacob is adjusting. This week has been much better. Slathering special attention and treats on them. Lots of parent time to help them feel better.

Next weekend we spend the night at Dell Children's with electrodes taped to my kids. Sounds fun.

No comments: